Hearing Aids Rancho Mirage, CA
Hearing aids are technologically advanced devices that do more than just amplify sound. Today’s devices are highly sophisticated instruments that absorb and adjust sound in ways that meet the specific needs of the wearer. By providing this support, hearing aids significantly improve daily quality of life. Hearing aids strengthen communication, spatial awareness, relationships, and overall health and wellness.
Essential for navigating daily life, hearing aids are such an important investment that is worth taking the time to learn about them. There is a wide range of options, styles, and features available which can be overwhelming to navigate. Gaining a greater understanding of how hearing aids work, different styles, and technologies can help you better understand your choices.
How Do Hearing Aids Work?Today’s hearing aids in Rancho Mirage can perform various functions that customize the sound to meet individual needs, increase connectivity, and enhance user experience. All hearing aids consist of the following components:
- Microphone: collects sound from the environment and converts sound waves into electrical signals.
- Processor: a processing chip analyzes the sounds and makes adjustments according to an individual’s specific hearing loss. These settings are programmed by a hearing healthcare provider after diagnosing hearing loss.
- Amplifier: these sounds, now adjusted, are sent to the amplifier which increases the sound and sends it to the speaker.
- Speaker: transmits the sound to the outer ear canal.
- Battery: all hearing aids are powered by disposable or rechargeable batteries, depending on the specific type of hearing aids.